Saturday 8 May 2010

ILF...

Serge and I just spent six days in Izmir, Turkey - Smyrna from the Bible.
A side note... I have always wanted to go to Turkey, since my sister friend Lisa went there a number of years ago.. God is the deliverer of dreams :-)

We were at the International Leadership Conference with IT. It was an incredible blessing for us to be there. I have been to many of these gatherings over the years but this was the first chance that Serge has been able to attend one.

IT gathers its leaders from around the world every second year to encourage and challenge the leadership through general sessions, workshops and worship. It is also a great chance to catch up with friends and others who are in similar ministry.

There are many highlights but I think the session that touched me most was one on 'Soul Care'. I know that I need to take better care of my soul... and this session was a great encouragement to me. I saw LOTS of myself in the presenter and her story... inspired me that life change is possible - even at this stage, and in the ministry life I am in.

We arrive home on Tuesday, May 18th and head into a very busy couple of months. God help me to look after my soul so I am more alive in you and in the world around me.

No comments: