Monday 6 June 2011

Nightmare Come True

Last night Serge got a call from Mama Deborah.
She and her family took in a former street kid, Theophile, about 1.5 years ago.
If you have been reading our updates for a long time you may remember Isobel, Theophile and Celestin, the first kids we supported in a home.

Well... LONG story but the latest... Mama Deborah found out yesterday that Theophile has sexually abused a three year old neighbourhood girl.

My whole body went completely numb, too numb to even cry.

All of the kids we work with have had incredibly difficult lives and pasts. We know there are drugs, glue sniffing, and girls. We deal with stuff all the time. But abuse. ARG! ARG! ARG! Too much.

Mama Deborah took Theophile to the police last night. We'll wait to hear what comes of it all. 

In the meantime, I watch Isabella playing Princess. If anyone would ever harm her in any way... I can't bear to think of that. I wonder about the mom of the three year old girl. God help them!

3 comments:

Shelley Campagnola said...

Oh my Jen, nothing like having the wind knocked out of you. What will the fruit of compassion look like in this case? We may not know for some time. I do know this is not the end of the "story" being written in each person's life, including that little girl. Oh Lord, mercy...

Ken said...

I'm sorry Jen...I'm praying for you guys...

Nicola said...

I'm so sorry Jen. Do they put minors in prison? Please give Isabelle a big squeeze for me. And please let me know how it turns out. Thinking of you guys x