Tuesday 8 May 2012

Cheese is back!!

If you're a regular on this blog you might remember that in February I was bemoaning the fact that there was no cheese to be had in Kigali.
(Unless I wanted to pay for imported Ugandan or European cheese. NOT!)

Well.. much to my surprise on the week-end.. CHEESE!!!
Never thought I would be so excited to see a mild Gouda on the shelf!

Just glad to have it back ... even if the price did go up by about 30%. ARG! Oh well... cheese is here and I'm happy. I have survived the second cheese strike of my life in Rwanda!

Now if I could only find milk anytime I wanted it... fresh milk, not the UHT stuff... I'd be set!

3 comments:

messhua said...

Hi, what about the fresh milk from inyange? I like it a lot. Melissa

Rwanda momma said...

Yes... but you can't find it every day!!

Clara said...

This is a little late but I am so glad you have cheese again and hopefully by now you also have milk.
I can't imagine what it would be like to not be able to buy anything we want. Our cheese is very expensive but when its on sale I get several bars!!