Tuesday 1 November 2011

Six stores and counting...

So I'm making some cakes today...

Needed more baking soda.
So when I dropped Serge at the office  this morning, I thought.. I'll just run into our corner supermarket and get some. Well.... 6...yes, SIX stores later and still no baking soda.

Sometimes I really feel like Rwanda is such a different place than when I first came in 2003 and then I have experiences like this and I have to smile. Lots of change is happening...but sometimes one can still spend hours going from store to store trying to find something I would call basic. 

About to put the kids down for a nap and I'll head out again. This time to town.
Six stores and counting...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen - just let me know if you want me to bring you any baking soda - or anything else when I come in March! :)