Saturday 16 October 2010

Never Ceases to Amaze me!

Where and the amount of Christian worship music that is played in this country is really quite unbelievable.

Yesterday I was enjoying an amazing gift that someone had given me.. an aromatherapy massage at the 5 star hotel in town (YEAH!) and what was wafting over the sound system... a strings and piano combination of old hymns and current worship music. Was such great time for me... I actually stopped moving, I was able to reflect on God's goodness in my life AND I was getting a massage. Doesn't get much better than that!

When we go into Nakumatt, the big supermarket in town, Hillsongs videos are playing on the TVs.

When I first started coming to Rwanda, I would go to the Inter Continental Hotel for the FREE wireless... and be blessed to hear worship songs being played on the grand piano. Turns out that the piano players in Kigali are the worship leaders in the church ... so they get hired!

When you go to a football (soccer) game - think 40,000 people - singing to church music.

When I go to the local coffee shop - think better than Starbucks - I sit there listening to ... you guessed it... worship music.

Never ceases to amaze me.

Now you would think this might equate with a country full of Jesus followers... we're working on that!

1 comment:

Karebear said...

Praying that God's voice can be heard and understood through the music that wafts in the air. May God's name be praised in all of Rwanda!!