Friday 21 June 2019

When your 12 year old reminds you...

So this morning ... last day of school here ... Isabella is running at the last minute to gather up some donations for a school drive - clothes and shoes for a children's home here. 

I see her pass with two dresses that she has grown out of and a few pairs of shoes. 
The dresses ... beautiful, party dresses that she has worn for Christmas and multiple weddings - all shiny and sparkly and fun. 

I was about to open my mouth and say that maybe she had some other clothes that she would like to give away. That maybe those dresses could be given to some younger cousins. 

But I thank God I caught myself! Seriously!! 

She had picked the most beautiful things to give to the most vulnerable. 
Not just the nice dresses but the most beautiful ones. 

I couldn't help but smile as I thought of two young girls being able to twirl in sparkle and lace. 
I was also deeply reminded to always give the best. 

May the receivers of these dress know they are wonderfully made, loved by God and worthy. 

Isabella I love you!





No comments: