Tuesday 14 March 2017

Proud RwandaMomma Moment...

This term of school, I've been picking up Democracy as he's headed out to school and I'm on my way to J.Lynn's after dropping the kids at school in the morning. 

(Democracy is a former street kid in Kigali, we've been journeying life alongside him for over 10 years. He is currently in his 2nd year of auto mechanics. We also got him an 'apprenticeship' - working for free for experience - alongside a Canadian guy here who started a garage.)

This morning I picked him up on the way and he was having serious conversation on his phone. I immediately understood that he was explaining in detail, to a customer, what repairs needed to happen to their vehicle. 

He was on his way to school to write an exam BUT he sorted a customer first about their vehicle. 
He told me that other guys would fix it at the shop while he was writing the exam. 

My proud moment... he knew what was wrong, knew how to sort the customer and the customer trusted his knowledge and experience...
AND he was headed into some mechanical exam (yeah, I know... I really don't know...)

He is already a good mechanic ... and keeps getting better as the days go by. (He's the first one Serge calls now...)

May he become famous in Kigali as the honest and knowledgeable go to mechanic guy. 
That's my prayer!
I have no doubt Democracy will continue to make me proud. 

Yes He knows more than checking the oil... !!