Saturday 14 April 2018

Loss in the J.Lynn's family...

Teddy and Grace
Last night we were watching Dolphin Tale (again!) when the phone rang. 
It was Teddy, our manager for J.Lynn's - beside herself sobbing on the other end of the phone. 
My mind raced with what tragic news she was going to tell me. 

Grace had died giving birth to her first child. 

My heart broke. 

Grace Uwimana had worked for us for a while at J.Lynn's. 
She then left us to finish her degree, move to Uganda and to get married. She married one year ago in January. 

I had been SO blessed that she had come by the shop to visit us when she was back in Rwanda. She was happy and adjusting to married life. 
She had dreams of owning her own business and I know that J.Lynn's had given her exposure and confidence in  her seeking this desire.

Grace, this world will miss your beautiful smile and easy going personality. 
She leaves behind her husband and baby. 

As I laid in bed this morning awake trying to process life, 
I commented to Serge that I didn't even want to know how she died as I'm 95% sure that what she died from was preventable. 
Oh the things that make ones mind go a bit crazy. 

Another day asking God for wisdom as the women at J.Lynn's mourn this loss. 




No comments: